8/2/13

New Work

So I've been experimenting with a few new approaches to my work lately.  In a word I've been trying to construct spaces that are more loose, open ended and have some element of decay.  Not literally but more of an unfinshed distressed quality as if elements of the painting are rewriting themselves like a memory or dream. I want them to feel like a living thing. This all relays on a pretty loose and intuitive process of trial and error where you have to almost stumble with your eyes open.  I must say it has always felt very natural for me to work this way but that doesn't mean it results in success (there are hundreds of my paintings in the ground due to a loose, intuitive approach) and often I drift towards a finished painting that is much tighter then I'd set out to make.  I'm hoping to put that in the past.  Does this all sound familiar?

Below are two new studies which I think are a step in the right direction (although a baby step).

Both are available on my Etsy shop .








1 comment:

  1. Hello Jeremy! I am extremely please that I came across your work. I am always on the lookout for things and people that surprise me. Your work is very original, it seems to come from a place that few others know. Very cool!

    Btw, I found you because of a post on BO(...)OM. http://www.booooooom.com/2013/08/13/artist-painter-jeremy-miranda-3/

    Regards,
    Maarten

    ReplyDelete